KAYTRANADA, BUBBA, Mini Review


KAYTRANADA
BUBBA
Mini Review



The second spot on the last minute minute reviews very nearly went to Brutus' marvellous album Nest. However, once I gave this other album a listen, I knew I had to have it on here.

The third album from Canadian DJ KAYTRANADA, BUBBA was quite late to the party upon its release. In other words, I believe it came through only very recently, almost missing my attention altogether. but boy oh boy I'm glad I didn't miss out on this record.

With a line up of features which are almost as impressive as KAYTRANADA's previous effort, 2016's 99.9%, I was certainly intrigued enough. These featured artists include Pharell Williams, Estelle, Goldlink, Kali Uchis, and many more.

But in addition to this, seen as this is my introductory album into KAYTRANADA's discography, I good a very good idea of just how colourful, atmospheric, and just all-round brilliant his beats are.

I would say that stylistically, it's a very nice mixture of Tyler, the Creator type-beats, and the dreamy dance tunes you would expect in the early 2000's. It's definitely a style that I for one, totally enjoy.

I believe that BUBBA has an incredibly smooth and truly atmospheric production throughout. It serves as an excellent final hoorah for 2019.

Favourite track: Midsection

Thank you for reading,

Booth Boy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danny Brown, uknowhatimsayin?, Album Review

TOOL, Fear Inoculum, Album Review

Lil Nas X, 7 EP, EP Review